Reporting in on My Time Away Last Weekend
I’m pleased with the way things went while I was away on business. My plan for success that I mapped out before I left made all the difference!
By taking time before I left to plan for success, I came home successful—go figure! LOL!
And I lost a pound while I was away. Considering I was only gone for 3 days, I’m claiming this as victory!
Here’s a recap:
- I got up extra early on the day I left so I could be at the YMCA and work out at 5:15. I’m definitely not a morning person, so I was shocked at how much that helped start my day off right. I was less tired during the long day, and slept better the first night (when I usually have trouble sleeping).
- Because I knew there would be food temptations, I had some healthy snacks in my room and in my computer bag.
- I rearranged my plate at the buffet line—filling it so full of the wonderful salad choices and vegetables that I really was full by the time everyone else was heading back for dessert.
- Finally, by telling certain people what I was doing and what my goals were, I was met with cheerleaders and lots of folks who helped me stay strong.
- The one thing that didn’t work out as well as I’d hoped was the exercise. There wasn’t a place to work out so I could only squeeze in a short 30-minute walk.
I’m leaving again tomorrow for another trip—this one is five days long—so I’m hoping that all these strategies continue to help.
Categories: Edie Melson