Week FIVE Cardiovascular Workouts
Cardiovascular workouts should be done on Days 2, 4 and 6. You can use the description below as a guide.
- Our initial goal is to do up to 60 minutes of cardiorespiratory training a week w/ a 10% increase progression each week for 6 weeks.
- Ideally, we will be doing 30 minutes of continuous activity by week 5.
- Focus is on steady state exercise at a Rate of Perceived Exertion* between 3-4 on a scale of 1-10.*
Couch to 5K — Complete three times this week
- Brisk five-minute warmup walk
- There are three different workouts for this week. They are as follows:
- Run 1: brisk 5-minute warm-up walk, then 5 minutes running, 3 minutes walking, 5 minutes running, 3 minutes walking, 5 minutes running.
- Run 2: brisk 5-minute warm-up walk, then 8 minutes running, 5 minutes walking, 8 minutes running.
- Run 3: brisk 5-minute warm-up walk, then 20 minutes running, with no walking.
Weekly Workouts Planned By YMCA of Greenville (SC) Leslie Knox – ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
Made possible in part by: