At HOME Workouts
Here is your Rob’s Big Losers AT HOME workouts. These workouts and weekly runs will help you gain your health back and prepare you for your first 5k.
RBL Workout Videos
Couch to 5K
Weeks 1 & 2:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
- Always drink water during your workout
- For progression from week to week increase the resistance by 5% where you can. This workout is not meant to be done with low weight and high reps as it is intended to build strength as well as tone muscle without adding bulk so challenge yourself!
- Be sure to cool down with stretches after your workouts are complete
- Adding or keeping yoga/pilates in the mix is completely fine – just listen to your body and see what needs to be modified in regard to body parts that have been worked and still need to be worked
- If you are considering doing aerobic exercise on the same day as your strength days it is recommended that you complete it AFTER your strength training session and 20 to 30 minutes of steady state should be fine but cardio on leg day may leave you feeling extra fatigued
- Always remember to try to have fun with the workout – blast HIS Radio in your workout space, make your workout space inspirational and easy to get to. (Check FB marketplace if you are looking for some bargains on home workout equipment)
- This workout can be completed in a gym setting as well!
Weekly Workouts Planned By YMCA of Greenville (SC) Leslie Knox – ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
Made possible in part by: