Cardiovascular workouts should be done on Days 2, 4 and 6. You can use the description below as a guide.
- Our initial goal is to do up to 60 minutes of cardiorespiratory training a week w/ a 10% increase progression each week for 6 weeks.
- Ideally, we will be doing 30 minutes of continuous activity by week 5.
- Focus is on steady state exercise at a Rate of Perceived Exertion* between 3-4 on a scale of 1-10.*
Couch to 5K — Complete three times this week
- Brisk five-minute warmup walk
- Alternate: 60 seconds of jogging & 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes
- Five-minute cool down
Weekly Workouts Planned By YMCA of Greenville (SC) Leslie Knox – ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
Made possible in part:
As with all exercise programs, when using our exercise videos, you need to use common sense. To reduce and avoid injury, you will want to check with your doctor before beginning any fitness program. By performing any fitness exercises, you are performing them at your own risk. Robsbiglosers.com, YMCA of Greenville or HIS Radio will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of our fitness program, online fitness videos, or information shared on our website. This includes emails, videos and text. Thanks for your understanding.
You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs. This is particularly true if you (or your family) have a history of high blood pressure or heart disease, or if you have ever experienced chest pain when exercising or have experienced chest pain in the past month when not engaged in physical activity, smoke, have high cholesterol, are obese, or have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in physical activity. Do not start this fitness program if your physician or health care provider advises against it. If you experience faintness, dizziness, pain or shortness of breath at any time while exercising you should stop immediately.